- Open – any artwork: $5000 (acquisitive)
- Heritage Award* - works with a focus on the history and heritage of the Rockingham region: $4000 (acquisitive for 2018)
- Indigenous Award*- works by artists of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent: $4000
- Emerging Award - works by practicing artists of less than five years who have not staged a solo exhibition: $2500
- Local Resident Award - works by artists residing within the City of Rockingham: $1500
- Robert Carter Youth Award - works by artists aged 12 to 18 years of age: $1500. The Robert Carter uth Award acknowledges the considerable influence and mentorship offered by Robert Carter to artists over several decades.
Selected artworks will be exhibited at the Gary Holland Community Centre and Rockingham Arts Centre from 5-19 May 2018. Award winners will be announced at an Awards ceremony on Saturday 5 May 2018.
City of Rockingham Mayor, Barry Sammels, said the Awards are a significant art competition in the region, providing artists with the opportunity to win substantial prizes and recognition for their work:
“The annual City of Rockingham Art Awards provides the City with an avenue to encourage and promote the arts. It is an important way to enrich our community and support the incredible talent that we have here in Rockingham.
“I encourage our young, established and indigenous artists to consider submitting an entry into the 2018 competition to be in the running for exhibition exposure as well as the chance to win some great prizes.”
For more information, conditions of entry, and how to enter, visit the Art Awards page of the City’s website.
*Under the ongoing Dorothy Liley Art Acquisition program, which acknowledges her contribution to the Rockingham arts community, Heritage and Indigenous Awards are acquired on an alternating basis by the City.