Applications for citizenship
All applications for Citizenship must be made through the Department of Home Affairs or by phoning 131 880.
The Department of Home Affairs will send you a letter of approval and then forward your details to us so that we can invite you to attend an Australian Citizenship Ceremony. Information regarding the process and timelines of your application are only available through the Department of Home Affairs. We are happy to answer any ceremony-related questions you may have.
- Our citizenship ceremonies take place on the first Monday and Tuesday of each month.
- There is no ceremony in December and our January ceremony takes place on 26 January, Australia Day.
- When we receive your information from the Department of Home Affairs we will place you on the next available ceremony.
- Citizenship ceremonies are limited to approximately 55 applicants per ceremony.
- The wait for a ceremony is between two and four months.
- Your letter of invitation will be sent at least four weeks before the ceremony date.
- Dress code for the ceremonies is smart.
- Photo ID must be presented for registration.
- The Mayor conducts citizenship ceremonies and presents the applicants with their certificate and a gift.
- All citizenship ceremonies are held at the City of Rockingham Administration Building in the Reception Room.
- The Department no longer allows Councils to hold urgent or private ceremonies. If you need a ceremony urgently you must contact the Department of Home Affairs on 131 881.
Citizenship ceremony dates 2018
- Monday 6 August at 5.30pm
- Tuesday 7 August at 5.30pm
- Monday 3 September at 5.30pm
- Tuesday 4 September at 5.30pm
- Monday 1 October at 5.30pm
- Monday 5 November at 5.30pm
- No Ceremony in December
For more information regarding the City of Rockingham's citizenship ceremonies please phone the Governance and Councillor Support team on 9528 0333.