Volunteer Involving Organisations (VIOs)
Volunteer Involving Organisation Training
The City provides ongoing training opportunities for VIOs located within the City of Rockingham on various topics including governance, volunteer management and skill development. This training is available to all community groups, incorporated and non-incorporated organisations and clubs, including sporting clubs.
Introduction into Strategic Planning
Date: Wednesday 6 June 2018
Location: City of Rockingham Administration Building: Reception Room
You are invited to join the City for the Introduction into Strategic Planning workshop. This is a highly practical and interactive workshop suitable for VIOs, sporting clubs and community groups.
This workshop will include:
- The purpose of strategic planning and why organisations can benefit from clearly identifying their vision, mission, values and collectively setting long term goals.
- The process and tools used to develop goals and working towards achieving them
- How to measure success.
Registrations are essential. To register, contact the City on 9528 0333 or email@example.com by Thursday 31 May.
Steps into Volunteering
Date: Thursday 14 June 2018
Location: Secret Harbour Surf Life Saving Club, Secret Harbour Boulevard, Secret Harbour
Come along to a free, no obligation session to hear about the opportunities available with volunteering.
The session is of particular value to those who are interested in volunteering for the first time.
Find out about:
- the benefits of volunteering
- identifying the skills that you have to contribute
- how to find the right volunteering position
- rights and responsibilities of volunteers and volunteering involving organisations.
Registrations are essential. To register, contact the City on 9528 0333 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 11 June.