Rockingham Volunteer Centre
The Rockingham Volunteer Centre (RVC) is the hub for volunteering in Rockingham. The centre finds and links people to local organisations seeking volunteers, and also promotes the benefits of volunteering.
What does the centre do?
- Lists volunteer positions available in the area
- Links people with suitable volunteer opportunities
- Promotes the benefits of volunteering in the community.
How to get started?
- Contact the RVC to make an appointment or call into the office to register.
- Browse the positions available
- Connect to an organisation seeking volunteers.
School terms only. Closed during school holidays.
Closed from Friday 13 April 2018 to Tuesday 1 May 2018.
Tuesday and Wednesday:
9.30am – 2.30pm
12.30pm – 5.30pm
Phone: 9528 8670
Located at the Rockingham Central Library, Dixon Road, Rockingham.
Volunteering provides many benefits for individuals and the community. Through volunteering we can build strong communities by connecting people. It also provides an opportunity to:
- Help others, including community groups, clubs, seniors, schools, young people and the environment.
- Share your skills and life experience with others.
- Gain a sense of community connection and social wellbeing.
- Meet new, like-minded people.
- Gain the experience, training, contacts and references that may help you find paid employment.
- Improve your own health, vitality and wellbeing.
- Children and youth
- Conservation and gardening
- Education and mentoring
- Emergency Services
- Arts and culture
- Family support and homelessness
- Indigenous and migrant support
- Recreation, sports and health
- Seniors and disability
Volunteer Involving Organisations (VIOs)
If your organisation or group is looking for volunteers, the Rockingham Volunteer Centre will also be able to assist with:
• Finding suitable volunteers
• Volunteer management
• Volunteer training opportunities.
The Rockingham Volunteer Centre is helping to build a stronger community, contact the RVC to make an appointment or drop in to discuss your groups’ volunteering needs.
This service is free.
Forms and more information
For more information about volunteering, visit:
To keep up to date with the latest news of what is happening in the volunteer world, both in WA and Australia-wide, visit: