Things to know about the Art Awards
Conditions of entry
Entry is free. Maximum of one entry per artist. Submission of an entry constitutes the artist’s acceptance of all the following conditions:
- Entries must have been completed within the previous 18 months and not have been in any other awards, competitions or exhibitions (including online).
back to top
Presentation of work
- Works MUST NOT EXCEED 100cm on the longest side, including framing, and should not exceed a maximum weight of 20kg. Works in excess of this size will not be accepted.
- Works must be suitably framed for display and ready to hang; a stretched canvas is considered a suitable frame.
- Works must be ready for hanging with ‘D’ rings and wire positioned 5–10 cm below top of work.
- Multiple works will be accepted where these constitute a single artwork and do not exceed the specified dimensions in total.
- Works must be delivered free of charge to the Rockingham Arts Centre, 11 Kent Street Rockingham on Tuesday 30 April between 2pm and 4pm. Late deliveries or wet entries will not be accepted. The City reserves the right to not hang an artwork.
Insurance responsibility for works
While care is taken, the City holds no responsibility for damage caused to works during installation, de-installation, and while the works are on display.
Artists are advised to insure their works. The City reserves the right to remove a work from display where the work can be considered a health hazard or other physical risk to members of the public, or breaches the Occupational Health and Safety and/or Workcover guidelines.
Sales of works and commission
All works MUST be listed for sale, and a price attached. The curator will be in contact with you should any sale occur.
All sales must be conducted through the City of Rockingham, with a 20% commission applicable. Artists are NOT to negotiate their own sales. Payments must be finalised within 30 days of the close of the exhibition. An EFT form will be provided on acceptance into the exhibition and failure to include correct bank details may delay payment.
Collection of works
If selected, artists agree not to withdraw exhibited works before the listed de-installation time, or request a change in de-installation time.
De-installation will take place between 4pm and 7pm Monday 20 May 2019 ONLY. You must bring the official receipt from the City of Rockingham (received on delivery of work). If you require another person to pick up work you must nominate them on this receipt.
Any works remaining at the site after de-installation will be stored off-site until 14 June 2019 and if the owner can’t be contacted or the works are not collected by this date, they will be disposed of. The City holds no responsibility for damage caused to works during de-installation and storage.
Copyright and use of works
The City reserves the right to reproduce images of works for promotional, marketing or educational purposes.